Welcome to the Micro and BioRobotics Laboratory, MaBLab. Our primary research field aims to study and develop Robotic Systems, Sensors and Actuators for biomedical applications such as softrobots and wearable softrobotic devices for therapy. Our secondary research field aims to investigate and develop robotic microfluidic systems for manipulating and sorting of microcomponents and/or biological cells. As an interdisciplinary research field, Physics, Materials Science, Mechanical Design, Manufacturing Processes and Control Theory are key areas to achieve our research projects.
- 03/2017 Johan Quispe won a scholarship and was accepted in the Master 2 program in Robotics at UPMC/CNRS, France; congrats Johan and a lot of success!
- 03/2017 Elvin Muñoz is about to start his studies at Osaka University, Japan; congrats Elvin and a lot of success!
- 03/2017 Our work on soft robotics, in collaboration with the Harvard BioDesign Lab, has been published in the IEEE Robotics and Automation Magazine; congrats to the team!
- 03/2017 Our work on robotic micromanipulation has been accepted for presentation in MARSS2017, Montréal; congrats to the team!
- 12/2016 Alberto Reymundo defended successfully his Undergrad thesis on SoftRobotics; congrats Alberto!
- 08/2016 Prof. Stéphane Régnier from UPMC/CNRS visited us for a collaborative work on MicroRobotics.
- 08/2016 Our work on MicroRobotics has been presented in IROS2016, South Korea. Congrats to the team!
- 06/2016 A workshop on Soft Robotics was held at UTEC in a joint effort with Harvard BioDesign lab lead by prof. Conor Walsh.
- 05/2016 Etsel Suarez joint us to pursue his engineering diploma thesis. Welcome Etsel!
- 05/2016 Our work on SoftRobotics for hand rehabilitation has been accepted in the International Conference on Biomedical Robotics and Biomechatronics (BioRob). Congratulations to the team!
- 04/2016 Our work on micromanipulation has been accepted in the International Conference on Manipulation, Automation and Robotics at Small Scales (MARSS). Congratulations to the team!
- 03/2016 Marielena has travelled to Harvard University as part of an internship program to work on Soft Robotics in Prof. Conor's Lab.
- 03/2016 Prof. Pierre Lambert from Université Libre de Bruxelles visited MabLab for a collaborative work on Microfluidics.
- 02/2016 We have been added as contributors on the SoftRobotics Toolkit Community lead by Prof. Conor Walsh from Harvard University
- 11/2015 Alberto Reymundo, Marcelo Navarro and Emir visited the Biorobotics and Neurorehabilitation Lab at MIT to work on Softrobotics for neurorehabilitation.
- 11/2015 Marielena Velasco joint us to work on Softrobotics. Welcome Marielena!
- 10/2015 Dr. Cécile Pacoret from Geneva University visited MaBLaB for a collaborative work on MicroRobotics!
- 08/2015 Elvin Muñoz joint us to pursue his Eng. diploma thesis on Robotic MicroManipulation. Welcome Elvin!
- 02/2015 Johan Quispe joint MaBLaB as the first ever research assistant to pursue his engineering diploma thesis. Welcome Johan!